Assessing and Enhancing the Accessibility of emerging Connec

Postby Daniel Costa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:26 am

Hi everyone!
My name is Daniel, 26yo, from Portugal and I am currently beginning my PhD on Assessing and Enhancing the Accessibility of emerging Connected TV Applications. My goal in the future is to make automated accessibility repair of TV applications running on the TV platform's browser. I began the literature and state of the art review and the Smart TV Alliance seems the right place to start my research.

For now I just want to do some manual accessibility expert evaluation of some applications regarding several guidelines we can find about Digital and Connected TVs:
-Universal Design Guidelines for Digital Television Equipment and Services
-DTG Digital TV Usability and Accessibility Guidelines
-Digital Terrestrial Television Accessibility Recommendations
-W3C WCAG 2.0 (since the applications are Web based)

What I would need is if any of you guys developing TV applications could send me them so I can run them on the emulator and perform the evaluation. I would appreciate it.

Best regards,
Daniel Costa
Daniel Costa

Postby Daniel Costa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:26 am

Hi everyone!
My name is Daniel, 26yo, from Portugal and I am currently beginning my PhD on Assessing and Enhancing the Accessibility of emerging Connected TV Applications. My goal in the future is to make automated accessibility repair of TV applications running on the TV platform's browser. I began the literature and state of the art review and the Smart TV Alliance seems the right place to start my research.

For now I just want to do some manual accessibility expert evaluation of some applications regarding several guidelines we can find about Digital and Connected TVs:
-Universal Design Guidelines for Digital Television Equipment and Services
-DTG Digital TV Usability and Accessibility Guidelines
-Digital Terrestrial Television Accessibility Recommendations
-W3C WCAG 2.0 (since the applications are Web based)

What I would need is if any of you guys developing TV applications could send me them so I can run them on the emulator and perform the evaluation. I would appreciate it.

Best regards,
Daniel Costa
Daniel Costa

Return to App development questions