App validation

App validation

Postby Tillmann » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 am

On the webpage "App submission" in the last step "Release" In find the following:
"After an app has passed Smart TV Alliance validation, it can be released by the Smart TV Alliance members individually. "
4 links to member websites follow.

What does that mean?
Do I have to go to all these companies even though my App has already passed the Smart TV Alliance validation?
Tillmann

App validation

Postby Tillmann » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 am

On the webpage \"App submission\" in the last step \"Release\" In find the following:
\"After an app has passed Smart TV Alliance validation, it can be released by the Smart TV Alliance members individually. \"
4 links to member websites follow.

What does that mean?
Do I have to go to all these companies even though my App has already passed the Smart TV Alliance validation?
Tillmann

Re: App validation

Postby Support_STA » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 am

Thank you for your question.

Stage \"Release\" means your app has been approved. Commercial agreements (app contract, ...) are handled by manufacturers themselves.

We make sure your app lands at the right places where you can register for publishing on manufacturer platforms. Do note that the app has been through QA within STA already and that the remaining efforts are to register your app at the respective manufacturer and agree on any commercial matters if applicable. Publishing is done by manufacturers.

Regards,
STA QA
Support_STA

Re: App validation

Postby Support_STA » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 am

Thank you for your question.

Stage "Release" means your app has been approved. Commercial agreements (app contract, ...) are handled by manufacturers themselves.

We make sure your app lands at the right places where you can register for publishing on manufacturer platforms. Do note that the app has been through QA within STA already and that the remaining efforts are to register your app at the respective manufacturer and agree on any commercial matters if applicable. Publishing is done by manufacturers.

Regards,
STA QA
Support_STA

Return to App development questions